6 years ago
THANK YOU for reading my AroundSaltLake!® personal newsletter. I wanted to produce a newsletter that has great content and is fun and valuable to you. Your constructive feedback is always welcome.
Read the entire March Newsletter HERE
In the first issue of Around Salt Lake Newsletter, some topics featured include:
- 7 Financial Mistakes and How To Avoid Them
- Improve Your Fitness Level With These At-Home Exercises
- What to Do If Your Email is Hacked
- How To Save Money On Simple Home Repairs
- Answer This Trivia Question and You Could Win Movie tickets for two!
- My Home Didn't Sell The First Time Around. What Should I Do Now To Get It Sold?
Here's one of the featured articles:
Save $$$ On Home Repairs
Here are three simple home repairs almost anyone can do:
Caulking. Save energy costs by using caulk to seal air and waterleaks. Use 100% silicone caulk (available at a hardware store)because it’s waterproof and shrink-resistant. Remove old caulk with a razor blade, outlien the area with masking tape, and use a caulk gun to apply new caulk. Smooth it with your finger and remove the tape.
Cleaning grout. If you’re tired of scrubbing, buy a grout color restorer at Home Depot or Lowes. Stone Care International’s Grout Ink, for example, comes in white, earth tone, or gray for about $8 a tube. Clean the surface, apply a coat and let dry. Do a second coat.
Fixing squeaky doors. Shut the door and pull out the center pin from one hinge. Clean the pin with a scrubbing pad and coat it with petroleum jelly. Put the pin back in and open and close the door a few times. Repeat with other hinges if necessary