Make Home Improvements On the Cheap
6 years ago
If you're looking to sell your existing home and you are shy on cash you likely can't make a lot of expensive home improvements for showings, fret not! There are lots of basic cosmetic changes that can dramatically improve the look of your home. My first suggestion is to seriously clean your house and “make it sparkle!” Here are a few more tricks of the trade to help you get the most for your money:
Clear off kitchen and bathroom counter tops. Put away appliances.
- Buy a bright colored shower curtain and rug to perk up a dull bathroom. Re-grout if your bathroom grout is chipped or discolored.
- Eliminate clutter. Remove photos, knickknacks, refrigerator magnets and other personal items. Organize your cabinets and closets.
- Dress up your rooms with attractive area rugs and framed prints.
If your master bedroom looks drab, add new linens, pillows, and shams to spice it up the bedroom and add a little color.
- Arrange your furniture so it focuses on your home’s strongest feature (it may a view, a garden, flowers, or a painting). Remove excess furniture. Create a “model home” look, clean, attractive with well-place items.
- Paint your walls in neutral tones. Paint the front door if needed.
- Install new light fixtures if they’re damaged or unappealing.
- Trim bushes and make sure the outside landscaping is neat and clean.